2-Day Natural Building Intro – Cob, Straw Bale, Plasters + Paints$170
June 6 - June 7 Contact
$170 Early Bird Discount (Register before April 15th, 2020)
$200 Regular Fee
10% discount for family + friends participating together!
We will use cob and straw bale wall systems to build parts of a lean-to and garden wall near our community space. Clay from the ground beneath us, and straw from a local farmer will provide most of what we need. These same systems can be used to build a house! We will also plaster one of our unfinished cottages together, with natural plasters that we mix ourselves.
– mixing cob by machine and by foot
– building and sculpting with cob
– installing straw bales, and preparing them for plaster
– mixing and applying earthen plasters and natural paints
– lunch discussion: “pros and cons of different natural wall systems”
– touring two natural, permitted homes, plus our campus
Four wholesome meals will be provided (Saturday’s lunch through Sunday’s lunch). On Saturday evening we will share a pizza dinner from our cob oven!