3-Day Cob + Straw Immersion$375
June 11 - June 13 Contact
$375 Early Bird Discount (register before May 5th, 2020)
$450 Regular Fee
10% discount for family + friends participating together!
We will cover a lot of material in 3 days! Our focus will be on continuing work on the garden wall that surrounds our dining/gathering space. This includes completing the top of an existing wall with cob, building a completely new portion of wall with cob, strawbale, and slip-straw wall systems, and applying earthen and lime plasters. If time allows, we will include hands-on work installing the living green roof atop the wall.
Expect to learn:
– mixing cob by machine and by foot
– building and sculpting with cob
– mixing and installing slip-straw
– installing straw bales, and preparing them for plaster
– mixing and applying earthen and lime plasters
– installing a window
– lunch discussions: “foundation/siting”, “roof options”
– touring our campus demonstration buildings, as well as 2 permitted natural homes
Seven wholesome meals will be provided (Friday’s lunch through Sunday’s lunch). For one lunch or dinner, we will enjoy a pizza party with our cob oven! Consider joining our 2-day foundation workshop that precedes this course, for a full 5-day experience!