- This event has passed.
3-Day Cob + Straw Immersion$375
June 25 - June 27 Contact
$375 Early Bird Discount (register before May 5th, 2020)
$450 Regular Fee
10% discount for family + friends participating together!
We will cover a lot of material in 3 days! Our focus will be continuing work on a meditation hut and a natural garden wall, at a beautiful rural property near Saxapahaw, NC (about 20 minutes from the Mud Dauber Campus). This includes learning all of the basics of building with cob and straw wall systems, as well as mixing and applying plasters to these walls.
Expect to learn:
– mixing cob by machine and by foot
– building and sculpting with cob
– mixing and installing slip-straw
– installing straw bales, and preparing them for plaster
– mixing and applying earthen and lime plasters
– installing a window
– lunch discussions: “foundation/siting”, “roof options”
– touring our campus demonstration buildings, as well as 2 permitted natural homes
Seven wholesome meals will be provided (Friday’s lunch through Sunday’s lunch).