3-Day Natural Building Immersion$250
May 1 - May 3 Contact
$250 Early Bird Discount (register before March 15th, 2020)
$300 Regular Fee
10% discount for family + friends participating together!
We will cover a lot of material in 3 days! One focus will be work on our existing dining building: completing the top of a cob wall, applying earthen plasters on the interior, applying lime plasters on the exterior, and making/using clay paints. We will then begin construction on a lean-to that will be used for dishwashing and storage, using cob, straw bale, and slip-straw techniques. If time allows, we will construct a small living roof atop our work!
– mixing cob by machine and by foot
– building and sculpting with cob
– installing straw bales, and preparing them for plaster
– mixing and applying earthen plasters, lime plaster, and natural paints
– installing a window
– lunch discussions: “foundation/siting”, “roof options”
– touring two natural, permitted home, plus our campus
Seven wholesome meals will be provided (Friday’s lunch through Sunday’s lunch). On either Friday or Saturday evening we will share a pizza dinner from our cob oven!