- This event has passed.
Natural Building With Spirit Apprenticeship$400
August 1, 2015 @ 1:00 am - October 31, 2015 @ 1:00 am Contact
3 Month Minimum Stay
Starts May 1st.
$400 per month
Join The Natural Living School in 2015 on the construction of a 1400 sq. ft. naturally build home. This structures will be built using roundwood timbers, milled lumber from the land, straw bales & cob (also known as balecob), and light clay. The goal for this years project will be to construct the foundation, exterior walls, timber frame the structure, roof it, install all doors and windows, and plaster the exterior of the home. The building will be constructed to code, and is located 45 minutes away from Nevada City, CA in the beautiful, forested, foothills of the Sierra Mountains, minutes away from the highly energetic, breath taking, Yuba River.
2015 Natural Building Apprenticeship
Available from May through End of October
The Apprenticeship program is an in-depth, intensive study of natural building, permaculture, sustainable principles, meditation, yoga, and natural living techniques. Participants join us to experience life in an natural environment, learn to live a more balanced life, and to gain the confidence to build for themselves. We honor your spiritual quest, and we support your inner growth, and your desire to learn to live a balance life.
What the Apprenticeship program will include:
- Apprentices will participate in the day to day activities that are integral to the construction of our natural building projects and the permaculture gardens.
- Apprentices will be required to work 40 hours per week
- 8 hours of the work week will be devoted to learning and working in the permaculture garden.
- 4 hours a week will be an elective. You can choose from; working more in the permaculture garden, working with the goats, or working with any of our guest teachers from our greater community.
- 28 hours per week will be devoted to Natural Building.
- Karma Yogi’s and Apprentices will take turns cooking and serving each other, as well as help clean and maintain the camp site, composting toilets, and shower stalls.
- There are work parties and workshops that happen during some weekends, which the apprentices are required to participate in.
- There will also be 3 hours of class time per week, which will alternate between classes in Natural Building, Raja Yoga, and Natural Living Practices.
- The apprenticeship is for a minimum of 3 months, with a possible extension of 3 more, which will be determined case by case.
The main focus of the apprenticeship program will be:
- To teach each apprentice all aspects of natural building, from design to natural finishes
- To gain hands on experience with natural building, sustainable living, and permaculture gardening
- To support the spirit within each apprentice, and help them build a solid foundation for inner growth. The apprenticeship program is not just about natural building, permaculture, and natural living, it is about awakening their inner potential and gaining confidence to be able to make there dreams come true. And spreading these unalienable rights.
All aspects of natural building will be covered no matter how long the apprentice stays, or when they come, but actual hands on experience will be determined by the length and timing of the apprentice’s stay.
The cost is $400 per month, which includes camping site and food. There is also a one time payment of $400 to cover educational expenses, which is required after enrollment and is non-refundable. There will be monthly reviews between participant and staff.
We are only accepting 12 participants at one time.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP FOR A WORKSHOP, THE APPRENTICE PROGRAM, THE KARMA YOGA PROGRAM OR WOULD LIKE INFO ON UPCOMING WORK PARTIES CONTACT US AT: