Work Exchange & Work Parties

Message

• Vanessa says:

I’m interested in attending a cob workshop, specifically one that pertains to building in the desert. I’m out in the southern california mojave, near joshua tree. Would love to build a cob house myself in the next 2 years. Will take all the knowledge and experience there is! Thanks!

• Josh Geiger says:

Greetings,

My name is Josh Geiger. I am networking to find opportunities to offer my services as a skilled carpenter and builder in exchange for learning techniques in natural building. We are sending letters out to 20 or so natural builders around the country and are scheduling our 2018 building tour now. We have much to organize including temporary rentals so a prompt response is much appreciated.

I would love to send you my cover letter and resume upon your response (need to attach in email).

Please check out my building portfolio on Flickr.

Thanks so much for your work and for your time.
    Josh

• Dale says:

Hi, Josh,

Are you interested in coming to Alaska? In addition to our own project (earthbag, strawbale, earthen roof, earthen floor, natural plaster, home milled lumber, rocket mass heater, composting toilet, and more), we can probably connect you with several other local projects that are using a variety of natural building methods. Some of these are very large and extremely well-equipped. Others are small and doing things simply. This could give you a good exposure to the possibilities of what can be done with financial resources, and with creative resources.

• Kailey says:

Hello, I’m a 32 year old woman living in the South Okanagan of BC, Canada. I am interested in building a sustainable home in my future. I would like to help someone with their build in exchange for knowledge. I would consider travelling outside the South Okanagan valley, or possibly temporarily relocating if the project requirements were a good fit. Please let me know if you have something going on and could use some help. Thank you, kindly.

• Cyntia says:

Currently seeking a work exchange program, in natural building, preferably cob housing or sustainable living. Thank you for your consideration.

• Terri says:

I am currently wwoofing in Colorado. I am very interested in a work exchange learning cobb building.

• Cynthia Stephens says:

I am looking for a Cobb work shop. I live in Georgia. I am so excited about learning. Does anyone know of an up coming class?

• Debbie says:

I don’t now but there will be one in Kentucky I think in May or June. Diane Jennings at desputana cob usually has a few work shops between May and September. You can see her web page at the above.

• Michelle Fry says:

Wish I saw this sooner! I’m a novice but I just hosted a cob memorial bench build in Dunwoody I would have loved to invite you to. If you’d like to help plaster it with me you are welcome to join-starting next week!
      michelle.fry@hotmail.com

• Anita Hollman says:

Hello. I’m Anita and Seeking natural and conventional contractor for house build in Minneapolis, MN.

651-313-1231.

• Lorena says:

Id like to see cob homes in my area and attend a workshop close to Atlanta. Ill check your site too!

• We are looking for one or two more folks to help out the week before our Labor Day workshop, “From the Ground Up with Cob.” This work trade is for five days of work in exchange for attending the workshop free. We are located in Central KY, close to the town of Berea. Please call Diane for more information at 606-256-8954. And see our website for more details about the workshop. http://www.disputantacob.com

• Kimberly Fizdale says:

I am planning on building a cob house in Ithaca NY. Do you know of ant cob workshops in the area?

• Our most popular workshop, “From the Ground Up with Cob,” is May 15-19, 2017. We still have a few spots available and are offering $100 off as a Last Minute Special. As much as is reasonably possible, we try to prepare you to be able to build your own cob home after attending a week long workshop with us. Please see our website for more information. http://www.DisputantaCob.com

• bearfoot says:

Hello all!
    In addition to our 3 month apprenticeship program we also offer work exchange/volunteer opportunities at our new location in Costa Rica. For more detailed information please see our website at http://earthayni.org/!

• We are looking for some folks very serious about learning to build and teach cob building. This work trade / apprenticeship opportunity is at the Disputanta Cob building school in Central, KY. In exchange for free registration for our most popular workshop, “From the Ground Up with Cob,” we need a couple people to help us get ready the week before, and clean up the week after.

You will also learn how to get ready for a workshop, gather materials, presentation skills, how to organize you natural building business, and other interpersonal skills such as, “How to Handle Difficult Situations with Tact and Diplomacy.” Not only will you learn to build your own home with cob and a natural rock foundation, you will gain the knowledge and skill to host and teach a workshop yourself.

“From the Ground Up with Cob,” workshop is May 15-19, 2017, and the highlights are ~ Natural Stone Foundation, ~ Building Cob Walls. ~ Sculptural ~ Artistic Cob, ~ Natural & Lime Plasters, ~ Earthen (Adobe) Floor. We are located in Central Kentucky, about 15 minutes outside of Berea. For more details about the Workshop go to http://www.DisputantaCob.com. For more information about the work trade call Diane Jennings at 606-256-8954 or contact me through the website contact page.

~ Disputanta Cob

• Wanda says:

I am also moving that way…close to bama. Very interested in cob building course…simple home grown living….minimalist. I prefer way north bama…Chattanooga TN or Rome GA
    I’m Wanda.

• Jameson Knight says:

Hi everyone, I’m looking for any cob or natural building opportunities in Florida or SE USA up til June, maybe later. Does anyone know of any internships, workshops, work exchange or apprenticeships. I also may be going back to New England in June, anyone know whats going on up there?

• Jeremy says:

We are located in NW Alabama and will be hosting a cob building collective over Memorial Day weekend. We will provide primitive camping sites, outdoor showers, composting toilets, food and live music. We are not cob experts, but we do have experience and a large project underway. We will be doing cob, strawbale, and cord wood projects over the weekend and are seeking others who would like to take part. Please email me (moorejeremy11@hushmail.com) if interested. His is an operating family homestead, so only respectful like minded folks need apply. Hope to see you there!

• Alice says:

I live in east central AL and I’m hoping to build a cob cottage in the next year. I would love some hands on experience. Let me know if you are doing another build anytime soon.

• Hi Alice,
        We are looking for one or two more people for a work trade in exchange for attending our most popular workshop, “From the Ground Up with Cob,” for free. The work shop is Sept. 1st through 5th. Please give me a call if you are interested. 606-256-8954
        Our website is http://www.disputantacob.com
        ~ Diane Jennings

• Michelle says:

Hey all I live in Alabama and was wondering if there are any nearby natural building courses. Also am very interested in permaculture design if anyone can help point me in the correct direction to further educate myself. Thank you 🙂

• Jeremy says:

See my post above yours. We can help!

• Hi Michelle,
      We are looking for some work trades for our May 15-19th, “From the Ground Up with Cob,” workshop. It is a mini apprenticeship for three weeks, starting the week before the workshop, continuing through the workshop, and another week after. Please call or contact me through our contact us form on the website if you are interested and would like more information about the opportunity.
      Diane ~ 606-256-8954

• Tobias Roberts says:

Hey everyone: We´re going to be building a number of small cob cabins for a community eco-tourism project in the mountains of El Salvador. We´re looking for a couple motivated long-term volunteers. If you´re interested, send us a message at: tobiasroberts20@hotmail.com

• Curtis Carnet says:

Good evening Tobias,
      Wow! Sounds like a great opportunity. What are the specifics: out of pocket money / expenses, schedules / itineraries, ect… today is the 18th, have I missed the boat?

Sincerely,
      Curtis

• Linda says:

Do you allow people to host a workshop on their land in exchange for the attendees building them a house or partial house?
    Do you only do it in Oregon or can u do it in AZ?

Thanks

• Linda says:

I would like to know if there are still people out there that will train people to build you a cob or straw bale house on your lot if you feed everyone and let them camp on your lot.

• doug mackenzie says:

i live in the foothills of the sierra nevada in central california and am building a berm/mud house on the edge of a creek in the woods; it is winter now so it’s too cold to camp; i’d be happy to show you how to build with mud and stone come spring and i would welcome the help; call for more info; 559-855-4899

• Jeremy says:

If you still are interested, see my post at the top!

• Anita Hollman says:

I wanted to do that. But Minneapolis does not allow this. If I build like 2 small sheds, and people can sleep in them , while we build the house, zoning won’t find out?

• Angie Young says:

Hello,
    I am hoping to find a teacher and or workshop down in Todos Santos, Baja California this winter. I would love to learn the process, and gain the skills. I do have an acre in Todos, and would be more than grateful to host a teacher and the work party. Thank you,
    Angie Young

• Spencer says:

• Spencer,
      Are you still looking for a work exchange? We are looking for one or two more people for a work trade in exchange for attending our most popular workshop, “From the Ground Up with Cob,” for free. The work shop is Sept. 1st through 5th.
      Please give me a call if you are interested. 606-256-8954
      Our website is http://www.disputantacob.com
      ~ Diane Jennings

• Mud Builders of Atlanta have cob projects frequently. They are on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/115213895546/

• desi says:

hi all! I live in Northern Mississippi but am willing to travel. My son and I are interested in learning to build with cob. Thank you!

• Lola Ben-Alon says:

Hi guys, I’m an architecture students, with some experience in earth-bag building and gardening.
    I’m looking for any kind of natural building experience, I’m with my husband and together we make a great team of four working hands!
    Anything around the US will be fine.
    I’m available between Dec 15th – Jan 15th
    and June-September.
    Thank you!!!

• Maud says:

Hi Folks,
    I am seeking a work trade for any type of natural building experience. I am fit and eager to learn, seeking opportunities in California (perhaps Oregon). Please let me know! maudskitchen@gmail.com

Thanks, much love!

• Julene McGaw says:

Hi,

I am very interested in learning more about both permaculture and cob workshops. Please Email me more info!

Julene

• Jessica says:

Hi there,
    Our family is doing a small project soon on Whidbey Island, just a few weekends of clay plastering. If it seemed like it would be a good fit for all of us you could stay at our farm on those weekends. You can email me at equinoxacupuncture@gmail.com.

• Todd Hymel says:

I live in Seattle and am willing to work on a natural building project. I’m portable and have my own van to live in while working.

• Alexandra E. says:

Want to know about Cob workshops

• William Egan says:

hey y’all, interested in getting dirty with some good ol hands on experience with any sort of earth building. I’m living in Atlanta, Ga so if you’ve got any projects that need help and you’re in a 3-4 hour radius, I’m your guy