- This event has passed.
Natural Building Karma Yoga Program$400
October 1, 2015 @ 1:00 am - October 31, 2015 @ 1:00 am Contact
1 month Minimum stay
$400 per Month
Join The Natural Living School in 2015 on the construction of a 1400 sq. ft. naturally build home. This structures will be built using roundwood timbers, milled lumber from the land, straw bales & cob (also known as balecob), and light clay. The goal for this years project will be to construct the foundation, exterior walls, timber frame the structure, roof it, install all doors and windows, and plaster the exterior of the home. The building will be constructed to code, and is located 45 minutes away from Nevada City, CA in the beautiful, forested, foothills of the Sierra Mountains, minutes away from the highly energetic, breath taking, Yuba River.
Karma Yoga Program 2015
Available May through October
The Natural Living School participants join our program to learn more about natural building, permaculture, meditation, yoga, and to experience life in an natural environment. We honor your spiritual quest, and your desire to learn to live a balance life.
- The Karma Yoga program is for individuals who can’t attend the extended time frame of the apprenticeship program
- Sign up for a minimum of 1 month, or as long as 3 months.
- Join in the ongoing day to day activities of the natural building projects, lectures, and permaculture gardening
- The Karma Yoga participants will work 40 hours per week.
- 8 hours of the work week will be devoted to learning and working in the permaculture garden
- 4 hours a week will be an elective. You can choose from; work more in the permaculture garden, working with the goats, or working more with any of our guest teacher from our greater community.
- Karma Yogi’s and apprentices will take turns cooking and serving each other, as well as help clean and maintain the camp site, composting toilets, and shower stalls. .
- There will also be 3 hours of class time per week, which will alternate between classes in Natural Building, Raja Yoga, and Natural Living Practices.
- 28 hours a week will be devoted to Natural Building.
- There are work parties and workshops that happen during some weekends, which the Karma Yogi’s are required to participate in.
- Lectures, classes, and hands on experience will determine on the length and timing of the karma yogi’s participants.
- The apprentices will serve as teachers and help fill the karma yoga participants in on subjects already covered before their arrival.
The cost for the karma yoga program will be $400 per month. This cost includes food, and a camping site. There is a one time fee of $100 per months stay to cover educational expenses, (capped at $400 total). This fee will be required at time of enrollment and is non-refundable. The karma yoga program is on a month to month approval.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP FOR A WORKSHOP, THE APPRENTICE PROGRAM, THE KARMA YOGA PROGRAM OR WOULD LIKE INFO ON UPCOMING WORK PARTIES CONTACT US AT: