- This event has passed.
2-Day Hands-on Foundations
May 26, 2021 - May 27, 2021$250
$250 Early Bird Discount (register before April 15th, 2020)
$300 Regular Fee
10% discount for family + friends participating together!
Join us to learn the basics of building a long-lasting, stable foundation. We will be building a foundation for a natural garden wall. After completing excavation work, and installing a rubble-trench footing system, we will then move on to construct three different stem-wall systems: CMUs (concrete blocks), poured concrete, and dry-stacked stone.
You will learn:
– excavating for a foundation
– installing a rubble-trench footing
– 3 stemwall options: CMUs, poured concrete, dry-stacked stone
– how to integrate a natural wall system on to a foundation
– lunch discussion: “other foundation options”
– touring our campus to discuss the variety of foundations we have here
Five wholesome meals will be provided (Wednesday’s lunch through Thursday’s dinner). Consider staying the 3 following days for our 3-Day Immersion course!