- This event has passed.
2-Day Hands on Living Roofs
March 19, 2022 - March 20, 2022$380
$380 Early Bird Rate (register 30 days in advance)
$420 Regular Rate
5% discount for family + friends participating together!
DATES: This course is offered 2 times- March 11/12th, or March 19/20th
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 10
INSTRUCTORS: Greg + Rebecca
Installing a green roof on your building can help it blend into the natural world around it, allow for an organic roof shape, and help to keep it cool during summer months.
In this workshop, we will be installing all the layers of a basic living roof, from rafters all the way to the final soil on top! You’ll get experience with basic power tools and hand tools during this course.
* measuring/cutting/installing rafters
* processing and installing locally-sawn boards into a roof deck
* constructing the “false fascia” and “finished fascia” layers
* installing the EPDM rubber liner, with protective layer beneath, and drainage outlets
* installing drainage and soil/living layers
* alternative roof framing options (roundwood, conventional framing, etc…)
* alternative insulation options
* TOUR of existing living roofs on our campus
* slideshow presentation