- This event has passed.
3-Day Natural Plasters + Paints
July 8, 2022 - July 10, 2022$525
$525 Early Bird Rate (register 30 days in advance)
$585 Regular Rate
5% discount for family + friends participating together!
DATES: July 8-10th
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 15
INSTRUCTORS: Greg, Danielle, and Rebecca
Plasters and paints are important functionally and aesthetically. They protect the natural wall system from the elements, and also provide an opportunity to add color, texture, and beauty. Plastering can be quite a satisfying experience, both in regards to how it looks, and how it feels to apply. Our students often refer to it as the “icing on the cake!”
Join us to learn about a multitude of options for mixing your own natural paint and plaster finishes. We will be working on-site on our demonstration cottages, as well as experimenting on individual sample boards.
* applying all layers of earthen plaster: adhesion coat, base/scratch coats, finish coat
* plastering on different wall substrates: cob, strawbale, drywall, lath
* lime plaster
* working with site-harvested clay vs. bagged clay
* mixing and using clay alis paint, and lime wash
* sculptural relief work with earthen plaster
* options for additives to plasters, and ways to seal natural plasters